A master plan is a dynamic long-term planning document that provides a conceptual layout to guide future growth and development. Master planning is about making the connection between buildings, social settings, and their surrounding environments. A Master Plan includes analysis, recommendations, and proposals for a site’s population, economy, housing, transportation, Community Facilities, and land-use.
- The master plan consists of future directions of development, policy and implantation of the same.
- It sets out how a particular area can develop and redevelop into the future.
- A high-level plan intended to set out objectives and strategies to manage development and change over time.
- A process that defines what is important about a place and how its character and quality can be conserved, improved and enhanced.
- Master plans can have an important role in determining the shape of the urban environment.
- Master Plans generally prepare for 20 years of the horizon period.
- So far, Delhi has witnessed 3 Master Plans, i.e., MPD 1962, MPD 2001 and MPD 2021.
- Currently, DDA is preparing its 4th master plan for the year of 2041.